There are events and circumstances in life that catch us by surprise, knock us down, and hand us seemingly overwhelming adversity. JJ Watt explains how, and more importantly why he was able to “get back on the horse” and move forward in life, remaking himself to an amazing degree by relentlessly working on being the best. His inspiring attitude towards life, and his never quit mentality, has paid handsome dividends. JJ describes his upbringing, his family, his college and professional football pinnacles and downfalls. His successes have prompted him to give back to the community in a myriad of areas, making him one of the most loved and recognizable names in Houston and throughout the country.
In this episode, we talk about…
- Handling adversity with a never quit attitude.
- No one is above being open to hearing advice from people who want to help you.
- Sometimes it’s best to shut up and listen.
- Striving to recover from surgeries while wondering if your career is over.
- How accountability is a life lesson that will take you higher in life.
- Mental fortitude to push through hard times.
- Pushing yourself to your absolute limits.
- Giving back.
- Appreciating what you do for a living, and working to be the best.