Ever wonder what happens when the fight is over and a soldier puts his rifle down for the last time? In this episode, you’ll hear the story of Jake Wood, a Marine who now doesn’t just serve his country, but serves his fellow man throughout the world when disaster strikes. The co-founder of Team Rubicon, a non-profit organization made up of over 100,000 ex-military volunteers who travel to assist wherever disasters occur, shares his desire to make the world a better place by never quitting his service. Hear his viewpoint on how things aren’t always picture perfect and what to do when there is no playbook. You’ll soon find yourself wanting to restore your sense of purpose and be a part of something bigger than yourself.
In this episode you will hear:
- Jake’s desire to make the world a better place.
- Jumping into action without a defined plan causes you to be innovative and resourceful.
- Team Rubicon’s mantra: “Built to Serve”.
- Go into the worst situations on the planet – unarmed – and create good out of it.
- Never quit serving.
- Be a part of something bigger than yourself.
- Restoring your sense of purpose.
- Sometimes things won’t be perfect.
- There’s always someone better than you, smarter than you, more highly trained than you.
- The Lieutenant Colonel and the E3 are instant brothers.
- Sometimes there’s no playbook.