In this week’s podcast, U.S. Congressman Dan Crenshaw shares a myriad of experiences and scenarios he sees as a freshman U.S. Congressman. Dan’s logical, level-headed views are birthed from his desire to serve the people of his district and the United States.
He entertainingly describes the process of being on Saturday Night Live prior to his election, and it’s significant effect on his campaign. He also discusses some of the issues between “the left and the right”, and expresses his honest opinions about them.
Dan is a former United States Navy SEAL officer serving in the United States House of Representatives for Texas’s 2nd congressional district since 2019. He’s a proud member of the Republican Party and was elected in the 2018 midterms.
In this episode you will hear:
- Being a U.S. Congressman is not that different from being a Navy SEAL. Everyone’s trying to kill you.
- When running for office, it’s good to get people to know you, and have a positive view of you.
- Once you have notoriety, don’t screw it up.
- You can’t assume others have the worst intentions.
- It’s unfortunate that Congress is so divisive when there’s plenty to agree on.
- Many congressmen say they won’t vote for certain things, but they do anyway.
- The impeachment is the height of partisanship.
- The congressional district staff is always working behind the scenes to help people.
- You can’t control the number of illegal immigrants coming across our borders, but we can control the enforcement once they’re on our side.
- Our illegal immigrant problem is caused by having open borders as well as a catch and release program on top of that.
- It’s pretty neat to watch a legit citizenship ceremony.
- Our best accomplishments are related to flood mitigation in my district.
- Coming soon is a coherent response by the Republicans related to climate change issues.
- There are upcoming pilot programs for carbon capture technology with natural gas. Electricity can then be created from it.
- The question must be asked how we can adapt to some of the radical ideas from the left, without destroying our economy in the process.