A CEO with PTSD. That encapsulates the world of this week’s Team Never Quit guest, Brian Reese. Here’s a military veteran entrepreneur serving other military veterans – over 15,000 vets needing a vast array of help – mental, disability ratings, compensation, and more. Brian, Marcus, and Morgan get “in the weeds’ as it relates to maximizing many forms of help for the veteran through his program, VA Claims Insider. Listen in to Brian’s vulnerable revelations of his personal challenges, and his ability to overcome and create a company whose prime directive is to teach and serve others. It’s okay not to be okay…
In this episode you will hear:
- I’m sort of an amateur singer/songwriter.
- A lot of vets have never filed a claim because they think “I’m not that disabled. Others have it worse, so I don’t deserve these benefits.” That’s complete bullsh*t.
- There’s a mental barrier we have about getting help.
- One of the core values of the Air Force is “service before self”. That doesn’t mean service at the expense of self.
- If you can’ take care of anybody else, then you’re no good to the mission.
- It takes less than 5 minutes to get yourself enrolled in VA health care.
- Get a medical diagnosis of your condition ASAP.
- First and foremost: Get yourself in VA health care, get a primary care provider, and get your stuff medically diagnosed in a medical record.
- We’re trying to meet the military veteran before they even take off the uniform, then serve them at every point of life.
- If I were king for a day, I would completely gut and overhaul the VA disability system. I’d take the word disability out of it. I would call Elon Musk, and ask him to come help me solve our problems.
- Government organizations are not built for radical innovation.
- It’s never too late to take advantage of everything veterans have worked for.
- The VA disability process & the VA benefits process is never over unless you quit.