She never made it to the party. Every parent’s nightmare happened to this week’s Team Never Quit Podcast guest, Angela Rose. At 17, she was walking to her car after leaving work at a mall and was headed to a graduation party. Angela was abducted at knifepoint by a man with a long criminal history, including murder. In this week’s episode, she recounts the details of her horrific experience, fearing death, hands bound, and eyes covered. Angela survived her kidnapping, sexual assault and currently uses her t to usher in legislation, education, and action to shatter the silence of sexual violence. Triumph over tragedy.
In this episode you will hear:
- I’m letting people know that there is joy after trauma, and a happy joyful life is absolutely possible.
- It was broad daylight when I was kidnapped at knifepoint.
- He stalked me and was watching me at the mall.
- Follow your gut instinct.
- The detectives didn’t believe me, and so the trauma was replaced by anger.
- This is not a women’s issue. This impacts all genders.
- I keep hearing “I never told anybody.”
- We train parents and teachers on what to do or say if someone discloses.
- Be careful not to use language that blames the victim.
- Many people don’t know how to deal with traumatic situations.
- I would never wish what happened to me on anybody, but I would never change it.
- Because of what happened to me, I learned an inner strength I didn’t know existed.
- We need to support each other to rise above adversity.