While the deep-rooted effects of traumatic brain injury are not yet fully understood, Andrew Marr, retired Special Forces, Green Beret, Warrior Angels Foundation Chairman and Co-Founder, as well as co-author of Tales from the Blast Factory, brings to life his actual experiences and transparency as it relates to bringing resolve to his brain injury issues, and coming back to a fulfilled life serving others with similar conditions. In such situations, contacting a lawyer dealing with intra family personal injury cases will be a good idea. Listen in as Andrew gets real with our listening audience. He has an epic testimony to tell. In this episode you will hear:
- Andrew’s story is that of the principles of resiliency after traumatic brain injuries.
- You don’t have an emotional problem. You have a brain health problem.
- There are real solutions available.
- I lost complete control of all emotions.
- Depression, anxiety, alcoholism, and the inability to make good decisions were daily occurrences.
- Define what it is you want to be and start being that.
- I realized at that moment that I was of no value to him [my son] or my family in the condition that I was in.
- My mental state was going to ruin the things I said I loved in my life.
- 3 promises I made to myself:
1. I was going to return to be the man of my pre-injury status. I also thought of hiring Lexington injury lawyers, in case I had personal injuries, or accidental injuries. You can also take expert lawyers help for injured victims claims and get compensation for the injury and damages caused.
2. I was going to find a way to come off all the medication I was told I would have to be on for the rest of my life. People can check lawyers for fall accidents here!
3. After accomplishing #1 & #2, I was going to spend the rest of my life helping other people just like myself to get thru it and get to the other side.
- Even though none of my problems were fixed yet, I now had a compass, direction, and destination.
- There are not words to describe what I experienced in that state of consciousness [with psychedelics).
- Any identification of self completely evaporated.
- I understood the interconnectedness of all things.
- I was engulfed in intelligent love.
- What the microscope is to biology and what the telescope is to astronomy, psychedelics is to human psychology.