Jeff Tiegs is an amazing difference-maker. He uses his extensive experience in counter-terrorism and counter-insurgency to counter sex-trafficking in the United States. With over 25 years is in U.S. Army Special Operations, as well as combat experience and multiple tours in Afghanistan & Iraq, Jeff is applying that expertise in his endeavors. Jeff is The Chief Operating Officer at All Things Possible Ministries, whose mission is to identify, interrupt, and restore those affected by trauma.
In this episode you will hear:
- In the U.S., we are unbelievable consumers of prostitution, and what comes with that is minors.
- You’re on deployment every time you walk out of the house.
- One in four women is sexually assaulted or sexually abused.
- The sex trafficking crime is so open. It’s openly advertised.
- There are people that think we should defund the police. I think more reasonable people think we should reallocate funds and figure out ways to do this better. There are people out there who can augment what law enforcement is lacking.
- The [funding] money is gonna go where the people demand it.
- [Our organization], All Things Possible does everything from simple counseling to freeing sex slaves.
- Find strength in simply being alive.
- What comes off of your tongue – what you speak – is what you become.
- The term “Yahweh” is the sound of breathing.
- The mere fact that we, as humans, are breathing, we’re saying the name of our Creator every time we breathe.
- What is God’s name? The thing that gives breath to everything that lives.
- The first thing a baby says is that breath of life.
- One family, who lost their son on the battlefield, found relief in the fact that the last breath their son took was the name of our creator.
- Find strength, find solace, and find peace, in that simple act of breathing. If you’re alive, you’re saying God’s name, and He’s there to help to you.