Jason Van Camp
Green Beret, Chairman at Mission Six Zero, Executive Director at Warrior Rising, Author of Deliberate Discomfort
Living in a world of risk sums up the life of this week’s incredible guest, Jason Van Camp. As a West Point graduate, Jason is anything but faint-hearted in his experience as a decorated Green Beret in the U.S. Special Forces, in his business endeavors, and his dedication in helping other veterans unlock their potential and start their own business.
He has authored the book: Deliberate Discomfort: How US Special Forces Overcome Fear and Dare to Win by Getting Comfortable Being Uncomfortable. Jason’s will to win and his heart of service to others makes him an epic model of a successful human being.
In this episode you will hear:
• If you never quit, you never fail.
• That journey you’re on – it’s not about trophies – it’s about people, and the journeys you take with those people.
• The worse experience it is for you, the funnier story it is for everybody else.
• We put ourselves in deliberately uncomfortable situations so we can get out of our comfort zone and grow.
• My motivation is to collect as many stories as I possibly can.
• My mindset has shifted from being selfish to being selfless.
• It’s hard to find your purpose. I want to help people, I want to make money, I want to do epic shit.
• Our non-profit – Warrior Rising – helps veterans start their own business.
• I’m a life-long student – always wearing my white belt.
• Go do something.
• Everyone can be a collaborator. Cooperate and graduate.
• I turned the military decision-making process into a business model.
• Choose hard things before hard things choose you.