Gold Star Wives
Finding Purpose in Pain
In this episode you will hear:
• When tragedy hits and men give everything, you see what it means to be an American.
• If you wake up every day & say “I can’t” – you won’t. And if you wake up and say “I can”, you will.
• If you want your life to change, what are you gonna do today to make that change?
• Turn sadness into something positive.
• Now it’s my role to not quit for him, because he didn’t quit for us.
• Heroes are keeping us safe in this country.
• In a weird way, the loss of our husbands bonded us women.
• When powerful people go through such a loss, they can improve the world.
• Our main focus is: We love our country.
• Some of the funniest stories are born during our lowest moments.
• We can either to give up, or get up and live for him.
• When what you thought your life was gonna be like is no longer, you’ve gotta figure out who you are, and what you’re gonna do.
• With time, pain will slowly find a purpose.
• There is hope. You will be happy again. You will smile again.
• Find purpose in your pain.
• You get so much by giving.
• Life doesn’t prepare you for some things.
• We’re making sure to honor these men and women who gave up their tomorrow so we could have our today.
• We stand tall in the memory of our husbands.
• Find gratitude in every day – find one thing positive in each day.
• 60 seconds of unhappiness is a minute of happiness taken out of your life.
• Breathe in positivity and exhale negativity.
• It’s hard to feel sorry for yourself when you write down that which you’re grateful for.
• How we deal with tragedy will either define us as humans or redefine us as humans.
• We are the authors of our story. No one else can do that for us.