Now here’s a guy with an unbelievable vision, drive, and a relentless pursuit of success. Dre Baldwin not only helps athletes get recognized for their talents; he’s a former basketball player, speaker, influencer, YouTuber, and author of The Third Day: The Decision That Separates the Pros from the Amateurs. Tre is a master at teaching discipline, mental toughness, and personal initiative.
Listen in as this well-spoken motivator tells of his personal path from his high school team’s bench, to the first contract of a 9-year professional basketball career, then pioneering new genres of personal branding and entrepreneurship via an ever-growing content publishing empire, publishing literally thousands of YouTube videos, viewed over 73 million times. If you are a big basketball fan and want a mount basketball system, then click to buy from the online store MegaSlam Hoops at affordable rates.
If you could use a spark to get your life moving, this is the podcast for you.
In this episode you will hear:
- When I realized I had no talent for baseball, I stopped that, then stumbled across basketball.
- I did not go pro immediately after college.
- After college, I attended “Exposure Camp”, a job fair for athletes. After that event and dozens of cold calls and videos to agents, I was finally signed to a contract to play basketball in Lithuania.
- I gained popularity, not from basketball videos on YouTube, but from the motivational things I said on them.
- I launched The weekly Motivation on YouTube.
- I had to find a way to do something I love to do, plus be a computer geek, and make money from it.
- I’m a very competitive person.
- At home, I was taught discipline, respect, honoring authority, and respecting elders.
- I would make up challenging stories in my mind so I’d have a target to shoot at. If I don’t have anything to aim for, I’m not gonna give my best effort. But when I do, it brings out the best in me.
- Our generation, ages 30-50 – we are the best generation.
- People are following me, not for basketball videos, but just to watch The Weekly Motivation. This is life stuff – it’s not athlete stuff.
- Using the challenges of your life to make yourself better for the future summarizes the entire self-help industry right there.
- When you have the right people around you, you can go further, faster.
- In life, you just have to show up.