To say that Dr. Billy Alsbrooks is a driven motivator with a ton of positivity is a gross understatement. Billy gets real about his life’s path from martial arts at the age of 5, achieving his Black Belt at the age of 9, becoming a songwriter and Billboard recording artist, producer, and dealing with the struggles of his dad’s alcoholism, and yet becoming an influencer, author of the book Blessed and Unstoppable, and motivational speaker, with a goal of improving the lives of 1 billion people. If you’re searching for direction, inspiration, hope, and something to believe in, this episode is for you.
In this episode you will hear:
- Alcoholism is not going to happen to me. People go one of two ways and I want nothing to do with it.
- When I was doing music, I was a huge promoter of that lifestyle, even though I couldn’t stand it.
- My goal is to reach and positively Impact 1 Billion People in my lifetime.
- At school, I’d wear a smile, but I was broken inside because we had been up all night, trying to sober daddy up.
- To make progress, you gotta deal with the hard stuff.
- I witnessed his father’s death when a blood clot hit his lungs.
- My motivational career started at the funeral home.
- When seeing my family’s cemetery plots, I was told “Here’s where you’re gonna lay”. Those words hit me like a ball bat inside my head.
- How do you sum up a man’s whole life in 2 or 3 sentences for a tombstone?
- If I was to die right now, what would they put on my tombstone? I had to ask myself that question.
- Our only purpose for being here is to leave this place better than we found it.
- God’s not against us having nice things, but He is against those things owning us.
- The moment my dad died, the mic got ripped away from me.
- When I say God, I don’t mean religion, I mean relationship. There’s a difference.
- God is all-powerful, but He needs our invitation to come in.
- To get to the next level, you gotta get in the ring with those things that scare you the most.
- I was born a champion. Raised a champion. I have champion in my bloodline. All I’ll ever be is a champion.