Denise shares her incredible never quit story with her cousins Marcus and Morgan Luttrell in this week’s podcast. Denise is an Apache helicopter pilot, Air Force Flight Medic, 2-time cancer survivor, and a single mom with the most uplifting, positive demeanor and incredible outlook on life despite the insurmountable challenges she’s been up against.
In this episode you will hear:
- It’s not a good idea to go for a smoke in a field of land mines.
- When you get rid of the cats, the rats take over.
- Be persistent and consistent in pursuing your love.
- Lobbied President Bush to allow females to fly combat missions.
Denise Sanders Quotes:
- “The first time I lifted an Apache helicopter off the ground, I peed myself a little bit.”
- “Positivity helps you get thru life in a lot of ways”
- “I’m not a lay down and take it, person. It’s time to pull your big girl panties up.”
- “When they see you put in the effort, the payoff comes.”
- “If you act like a victim, you’ll be treated as one.”
- “You can be depressed, but don’t go down that drinking rabbit hole.”
- “Segregation in the military hurts cohesion.”
- “When you get your ass kicked, get back up.”
- “Flying by the seat of your pants is an actual occurrence. Your body tells you that which isn’t true. You gotta trust your instruments.”
- The smokestacks outside of Bagdad are known as “Checkpoint Weezie”, named after Denise Sanders.
- “Ladies, don’t cancel your mammogram appointment.”
- “I can do anything I put my mind to.”
- “I’ve never felt limited in what I was capable of doing.”
- “Compartmentalization – you won’t survive if you don’t do it.”
- “Know a woman’s strengths, but treat her with respect and gentleness.”
- “Chivalry will never die.”
- “Get back up. You can’t live your life laying down.”