How is it humanly possible to endure multiple explosions in very close proximity in a short amount of time, lose some of your closest friends in battle, and deal with extreme stress, severe depression, and marital challenges simultaneously?
While mental blow after mental blow can result in the repercussions of triggering serious mental challenges, Dan Luna eventually overcame all of it with help from others and a never quit attitude.
Dan is also a former instructor for the Naval Academy as well as a recognized leadership speaker.
In this powerful conversation we dive into topics such as the warrior mindset, leadership, confidence, outlook for tomorrow, courage and much more.
Dan Luna is a true warrior in soul, mind and body.
In this episode you will hear:
- In that moment when you decide to pull the trigger, you’re quitting on everyone and everything.
- How to change the victimization mentality in a soldier’s training.
- It’s okay to ask for help.
- Guide yourself in thoughts, words, and deeds.
- Ask yourself how you want to present yourself to the world.
- The overnight transition to from the battlefield to normal life is an odd off-ramp.
- There’s nobody there to teach you how to be a civilian again.
- Sometimes we don’t realize what we signed up for.
- You don’t need a uniform to serve.
- The surprise in the cabinet could shock the hell out of you.
- Raising a warrior culture requires intimacy with violence.
- Trained warriors are not aware of or perceive what they are getting themselves into.
- Soldiers don’t need physical armor, as much as they need internal armor.