In this week’s incredible Team Never Quit episode, legendary bull rider and Netflix reality superstar Dale Brisby (How to Be a Cowboy) brings a brand of toughness, determination, fun, truth, and faith to the table. From Facebook to Snapchat to TikTok, this guy has attracted thousands with his hilarious cowboy-lifestyle videos. Brisby is the self-proclaimed greatest rodeo cowboy on the planet and shares an engaging conversation with Marcus Luttrell in the Team Never Quit Podcast Studios. You’ll see pretty quickly that Dale Brisby is not your typical rancher. And you’ll hear – firsthand – how a future bull-riding rodeo comes to life at Dale’s Radiator Ranch.
In this episode you will hear:
- I’m the Navy SEAL of Bull Riders.
- My bucket list is – I don’t want to kick the bucket anytime soon.
- Marcus Luttrell can call me whatever he wants.
- I was raised around rodeo & started pro rodeo in college.
- If you’ll just not quit, that’s what you’re supposed to do.
- The rule of wearing felt hats is: Use them in months that end in “R”. Texas is a bit more lenient.
- The most peaceful thing that ever crossed my mind was if my old man was in heaven. It was as sure to me as gravity.
- [As it relates to Marcus Luttrell’s experience in Afghanistan] A lot of Americans think about what we would do in that situation. There’d be an intense amount of prayer I’d have to be doing.
- Salvation is like – alight you’ve graduated, but you still need to go to the classes.
- My dad died, both of my granddads died, and I had this real moment of “Snap, I’m the patriarch now. My family’s gonna be looking to me…”
- [Telling Marcus Luttrell] If anything devastating were to happen, and I’m sitting here older than you, but I’ve been an accountant, I’m letting you be the boss.
- Always give 100% unless you’re donating blood.
- There’s never a time when you can just lay down & wait for something to happen.
- Offense is the best defense.
- In business, don’t ask yourself “Is this right or wrong?” Instead ask yourself “Is this wise?”
- When you have faith, live your life in response to that.