- Like the military, we all sign up for it. It’s a risk, but it’s a choice.
- As a kid, I often felt misguided and what always brought me back was sports – being part of a team.
- I didn’t look for people to pick on, but I’d put a target on people who were being mean to other people.
- When you have a goal and it doesn’t mean to you what it once meant to you – it’s so defeating.
- I want to finish in a way I can be proud of.
- Your kids are challenging sometimes, and while you love your kids, you still have to have your own outlet.
- I don’t ever want to ever forget how much it sucks to regret that I didn’t finish wrestling the way that I wanted.
- I want to walk away having checked all the boxes.
- I don’t want the hard times to dictate what I do with my goals.
- The 15-20 minute fight is nothing, compared to the training camps.
- I’d never had to pick a song to beat someone’s ass.
- If the beginning of the fight hadn’t gone the way it had, it wouldn’t have been so interesting. They got to see everything. They got to see a comeback.
- To still be struggling for money when you’re one of the top 5 in the world is tough.
- I’m supposed to take my losses and learn something from it.
- I accept my losses, but I want to know and learn what I can change – what can I do to make myself a different version of that person that maybe wouldn’t have lost.
- How many times do you have to suck at something before you’re good at it?
Bellator MMA Fighter, First Mom to Compete in the UFC, 2X Champion, Shelter to Soldier Ambassador
What an amazing story of the relentless pursuit of a dream by this week’s guest, “Cat” Zingano. Beginning with a love of wrestling at age 12, she developed into a 4-time All-American and national wrestling champion. She is currently a mixed martial artist (MMA) and has won a world championship title and the Rio de Janeiro State Championships in Brazil. She also became the first mom to compete in a UFC fight and the first woman to win a UFC fight by technical knockout. Listen in and be inspired by Cat’s non-stop life adventures along her path to success.
In this episode you will hear: