June 28, 2005 is remembered as one of the biggest losses the SF/SO community has endured.
We have seen the portrayal of that battle and the rescue missions in the movie Lone Survivor and in documentaries from the Smithsonian Institute. Hundreds of thousands of people have since found inspiration and displayed high levels of patriotism in honor of the bravery and valor these men displayed.
Today, we ask you to get to know the men behind the uniform and join us in keeping their memories alive along with those who knew them best. Say their names to a friend or family member and share their stories with those who may not know.
It has been said that when a loved one dies, the family experiences two deaths – once when they leave this earth and again when people forget who they were.
Please join us and never forget those who gave all during Operation Red Wings.
In this episode, you will hear from:
• Laura McGreevy, Surviving Spouse of Lt Michael M. McGreevy, Jr.
• Char Westfall, Surviving Spouse of SOC Jacques J. Fontan
• Erin Taylor, Surviving Spouse of SO1 Jeffrey S. Taylor
• Patsy Dietz, Surviving Spouse of SO2 Danny Dietz
• Cindy Axelson, Surviving Spouse of SO2 Matthew Axelson
• Rhonda Lucas, Surviving Spouse of SO1 Jeffery A. Lucas
• Norminda Healy, Surviving Spouse of SOCS Daniel R. Healy
• Chase Patton, Brother to SO2 Shane E. Patton
• Judy Goare, Mother of SSG Shamus O. Goare
• Maureen Murphy, Mother of Lt Michael P. Murphy
• Claudia Suh, Sister to SO2 James E. Suh
Note: Not all families were able to participate in the video calls from which this audio was derived. We will always remember them and thank them for their service.
Other Soldiers Who Gave All During Operation Red Wings:
• CWO3 Corey J. Goodnature
• SGT Kip A. Jacoby
• LCDR Erik S. Kristensen
• SFC Marcus V. Muralles
• MSG James W. Ponder, III
• MAJ Stephen C. Reich
• SFC Michael L. Russell
• CWO4 Chris J. Scherkenbach
Marcus continues to honor the fallen and asks that you join him never forgetting their bravery and sacrifice.
June 28, 2005 – Never Forget.